Sonoma Valley High School Physical Education Units
Units will Include But are not limited to:
- Badminton (Skills & Drills, Game Play)
- Soccer (Skills & Drills, Modified Games)
- Introduction to Strength Training
- Introduction to CrossFit
- Introduction to Golf (Swing Mechanics)
- Bocce Ball
- Basketball (Skills & Drills, Modified Games)
- Volleyball (Skills & Drills, Game Play)
- Ultimate Frisbee / Disk Golf
- Flag Football (Skills & Drills, Modified Games)
- Softball / Over the Line (Skills & Drills, Modified Games)
Typical Daily Physical Education Class
- Dressing out for Class: Is a large part of your daily points. To be Successful in Physical Education Class requires our students to be dressed out for class daily.
- Report to Role Call: Area (location Changes Per Unit)
- Warm Up Activity: (Graded Daily)
- Daily Stretches and Calisthenics: (Graded Daily)
- Daily Cardiovascular Training: (Running/Jogging/Modified CrossFit
- Activity of the day. (Graded Daily)
- Cool Down and Closure (Graded Daily)
Preformance Task: Reading and Writing about Articles related to Physical Education and Exercise.
Activity Journal: Covering daily Activities, Exercises, Skills Sets per activity.
Physical Education is a LAB Based Class: Hands On learning and Participation are required for this class. With this said, attendance is key to the students grade.
Injuries and Illness: If your son or daughter happens to be injured or ill, I can modify there activity and participation for the day and allow them to earn there daily points.
Excused Notes: If your son or daughter will not be able to fully participate due to illness or injury PLEASE write them a note excusing them for the day so I can modify there participation. After two classes of excused notes i will need a note from a doctor explaining what they can do to better help me modify their class participation.