Summary: Tips & Strategies
8 to be Great: Quick Test Tips & Strategies
- Gather your gear the night before: admission ticket, photo ID, #2
pencils, water, calculator with fresh batteries (SAT only), a watch and
snacks for breaks.
- Forget cramming and just enjoy a healthy dinner and a good night's sleep.
- Dress in comfortable layers so you can handle the temperature, whatever it is.
- Be familiar with directions to the test center and arrive early.
- Don't spend too much time on any one question as they all count the same; come back to the question later if you have time.
- Make an educated guess if you can eliminate more than one answer.
ALWAYS guess on the ACT because there is no penalty for wrong answers.
- Fill in bubbles carefully making sure that you mark the answers next to the right numbers.
- Relax and be confident as your attitude will make all the difference.